Friday, May 16, 2008

RECENT DESIGN PROJECTS

















This is the same project as the photo in the header. I designed this project approximately five years ago and have been managing the property ever since. It has really been a fun project for me. I've had the opportunity to work with hundreds of plants on this property, but the most fun has been the incredible color palette that I get to design every six months as I replace 3000 plus annuals. The owner wanted his garden to be designed for weddings, and he hosts weddings here throughout the spring and summer months.


















This is another area on the same property. Glorious color!!! This garden just keeps on blooming! I love my profession and feel so blessed to be able to be involved in a work that is so fulfilling.



















This is one of my most recent designs going in the
ground right now. We probably have another two weeks to go before the installation will be complete.


















This is the same design where the existing driveway was taken out and replaced with stained and scored concrete.

Another fun part of my job is getting to work with Amber and Stacy. Amber does all my accounting and is currently getting involved in developing plant profiles for my web site and possibly a book on plants for So Cal in the future. Stacy has taken drafting classes with me and is involved in the drafting and design side of the business.

I also assist a landscape architect in teaching an intermediate design class at a local college. My focus is on rendering and hand graphic techniques. I really enjoy sharing what I've learned with others.

I am also getting ready for take my exam for my landscape contractor's license. I'll be attending a two-week course prior to sitting for the exam.

Life is busy and life is good.



























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oufffffffff this is all so nice.
Congratulations to you... must be a lot of work and it smells so good.
Have a nice day!